Attention TC Community!
Below are the guidelines for our return to action plan for our 2020 summer workouts and conditioning. Please be sure to reach out to the head coach directly (see link below) if you have any questions or concerns.
All student athletes must register through our online athletic clearance process prior to participation. Details on that process can be found by clicking on the following link – Athletic Clearance Online Registration. You will need to make sure you upload the “confirmation message form” as well as the “EL2 forms” when completing this process. Once the process has been completed, you will receive a notification in a timely manner that your child has been cleared.
OCPS Athletics/Timber Creek H.S.
Return to Action Plan
July 6th – July 23rd
Orange County Public Schools has announced that summer workouts in the following sports: bowling, cheerleading, cross country, football, golf, swimming/diving and girls volleyball will begin on Monday, July 6th and end on Thursday, July 23rd.
The Timber Creek High School fall coaching staff have concluded, based on a number of factors, that cheerleading, cross country and football will be the only sports that will be conducting conditioning sessions during this 12-day timeframe. The following were the deciding factors: the gymnasium and other areas cannot be utilized per OCPS guidelines.
Tryout information for all fall sport teams can be found on the athletics website: timbercreekathletics.com.
OCPS Workout Guideline
- All summer workouts are voluntary
- Summer workouts are only open to fall sports teams
- “Pods” will be assigned and are limited to groups of ten, pods stay together for every session, nine athletes and one coach per pod
- A minimum of six feet will be kept between all people at all times
- Restroom access with social distancing is permitted, there will be no locker room access
- No physical contact between athletes and coaches, or athlete to athlete
- Every athlete must have a current athletic physical in order to participate, those physicals are completely digital this year and information has been posted to the Timber Creek Athletics website at timbercreekathletics.com (Click on following link for more information on the athletic clearance process – Online Athlete Clearance Registration).
- ALL athletes must complete the online profile, even if their current physical is still good. There is a COVID statement that MUST be signed BEFORE any participation. This statement is a part of the digital physical packet
- Temperature checks will be conducted daily prior to each workout session
- Coaches and student will not be allowed to participate if they have a temperature higher than 100.4 or answer yes to any of the following questions:
- Do you have chills?
- Do you have a sore throat?
- Do you have a cough or shortness of breath?
- Do you currently feel ill?
- Athletes who are late to their pod and miss the health screening may not participate that day and must return home immediately
Workout Days and Timelines
- Monday through Thursday only
- Workouts can be held with a one-hour conditioning session only
- Athletes must depart no later than 15 minutes after conclusion of workout
- Outdoor sessions can only be held between 7:00 a.m. and noon
- Athletes can only attend one outdoor session per day
Athletes should bring a personal bag that includes:
- Personal water bottle clearly labeled with athlete’s name
- Face covering/mask; to be worn prior to start of workout and once session concludes
- Dry t-shirt
- Athletes that do not bring water with them to conditioning sessions, will not be allowed to participate
- No shared equipment or clothing is permitted between teammates
Timber Creek Specific Information
- Student-athlete drop-off in front of gym of football ticket booth
- Varsity Football start date will be Monday, July 6th.
- Sessions for returning varsity and junior varsity players begin at 8:00 a.m. (Mon-Thurs)
- Sessions for incoming freshmen and new players begin on Tuesday, July 7th at 9:30 a.m. (Mon-Thurs)
- Pods will be assigned on each day.
- Sessions for returning athletes begin at 7:15 a.m. at Timber Creek High School Track
- Sessions for athletes new to the program begin at 8:00 a.m. at Timber Creek High School Track
- Conditioning sessions will be on Tuesday and Thursday’s only starting July 7th.
- In order for staff to assemble pods based on required limits, it is mandatory for the athletes to contact head coach JulieAnne Halsey at JulieAnne.Halsey@ocps.net to register for sessions
- There will be a 8am and 9:30am session with a group A and group B on Monday and Wednesday each week. The Timber Creek High School Gym weight room — drop off is in front of gym.
- Group A will be on the baseball field consisting of 9 girls and Group B will be in the weight room also consisting of 9 girls.
- Sessions for returning athletes begin at 9:30am in Timber Creek High School Gym Weight Room — Drop off in front of gym
- In order for staff to assemble pods based on required limits, it is mandatory for the athletes to contact head coach Kristi Kriebel at KristiKriebel@icloud.com to register for sessions